From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] Rerunning src_test with modifications
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 18:05:50
1 When I run into test failures in www-client/chromium, the normal
2 procedure is to file a bug and filter the failing tests until the
3 problem can be fixed (usually upstream).
4
5 Ideally, I would like to be able to do the following:
6
7 1. Start building chromium using emerge or ebuild.
8
9 2. If src_test dies, modify the ebuild to filter the failing tests.
10
11 3. Re-run the test phase without rebuilding the source code.
12
13 If I do not run ebuild clean, portage re-uses the environment from the
14 previous run, which does not include my changes to the ebuild.
15
16 Is there an easy way to have portage source the modified ebuild
17 instead of just using the previous environment? Wiping out the
18 environment file isn't really an option because we set some global
19 variables in pkg_setup.