From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-portage-dev] layman attempts to read all overlay lists when synchronizing local overlay
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 07:54:53
1 Hi.
2
3 I'm attempting to synchronize an existing local overlay (layman -s
4 myoverlay).
5 /etc/layman/config.cfg:overlays contains an unresolvable URL.
6 The overlay is synchronizes as-expected, yet layman also issues an error:
7
8 <QUOTE>
9 * Failed to update the overlay list from:
10 http://SOME_UNRESOLVED_ADDR/packages/my_overlay_list.xml
11 * Error was:
12 * <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>
13 * Failed to read a cached version of the overlay list from
14 http://SOME_UNRESOLVED_ADDR/packages/my_overlay_list.xml. You probably
15 did not download the file before. The corresponding entry in your
16 layman.cfg file will be disregarded.
17 </QUOTE>
18
19 I'm wondering: why should layman attempt to access overlay lists when
20 synching? It can use overlays.xml, since the overlay is already
21 installed locally.
22
23 using layman-1.2.3
24