From: Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage management node
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:33:08
1 On Sun, 2006-09-04 at 11:42 -0700, Zac Medico wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Brian wrote:
6 > > Just a word of caution. I don't know why but sometimes after an upgrade
7 > > of portage a reload(portage) in porthole fails and porthole crashes. I
8 > > don't remember the details atm and have not investigated the reasons.
9 > > In all cases restarting porthole, all works fine again. It may not ever
10 > > happen to your code though.
11 >
12 > If you're able to reproduce that with the latest ~arch version of portage then I would appreciate it if you'd file a bug.
13 >
14 > Zac
15
16 OK, so I had another crash this morning after upgrading portage from
17 2.1_pre7-r5 to 2.1_pre9-r5 and trying to reload(portage). The crash was
18 repeatable for the current porthole session. Again, quiting porthole
19 and restarting, it works properly, and reload(portage) works without
20 error.
21
22 This time the error was: (brief snipit of pycrash output)
25 Thread Name: MainThread
26 Exception Type: exceptions.AttributeError
27 Exception Value: 'module' object has no attribute 'LazyItemsDict'
28 Frame Name: do_vartree
29 Frame Size: 4
30 File
31 Name: /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py
32 Line Number: 6488
33
34 I believe what is happening is that when porthole executes the
35 reload(portage) that only portage is being reloaded and not any/all of
36 it's /pym imports. Could that be the cause? If the 'LazyItemsDict' was
37 something changed in one of the portage external modules then that would
38 confirm what I suspect.
39
40 The full pycrash output can be found here:
41 http://www3.telus.net/dol-sen/porthole/crash_2.1_pre7-r5_to_2.1_pre9-r5.html
44 If you still think I need to file a bug, I will.
45 --
46 Brian <dol-sen@×××××.net>
49 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list