From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] portage-2.0.51_rc1 intermittent slowdowns
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 03:47:21
1 On Sunday 26 September 2004 12:01, Brian wrote:
2 > A couple of questions:
3 >
4 > 1) testing porthole with the new rc1 of portage. I have experienced
5 > what seems to be one time slowdowns that end up with QA Notices printed
6 > in portholes debug terminal. Once the QA notice seems to have been
7 > printed once it does not re-occur if porthole is restarted and the steps
8 > reproduced. Is this only a temporary thing untill the ebuilds are
9 > updated. Or is this something I should look deeper into/ change how
10 > porthole uses some of portages imported modules?
11
12 There is a cache format change between 2.0.50 and 2.0.51. The slowdowns are
13 due to portage doing just-in-time rebuilding of the cache. The first emerge
14 sync or emerge metadata after an upgrade to portage-2.0.51 will clear it up
15 altogether.
16
17 > 2) As the new portage will break existing porthole installations. Is
18 > there an hoped for date for the new release so I can have an updated
19 > porthole & ebuild ready?
20
21 Very soon. Nick might be able to give you a specific date.
22
23 Regards,
24 Jason Stubbs
27 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list