From: Christian Hoenig <list@××××××.cc>
To: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] naming scheme
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:09:18
1 Aloah,
2
3 > > Why is portage using such a strange naming scheme? Why are we only
4 > > increasing ´build numbers´? As this seems to be a major release, why
5 > > don´t we make a 2.1 out of it?
6 >
7 > I don't think this is a "major" release as in "major version" but more as
8 > in "big deal". From what I've heard, a major version change will be
9 > reserved for a complete rewrite of Portage.
10
11 You mean, it needs a complete rewrite for a 2.1?
12 If thats the case, why don´t we simply drop the ´2´? ;-)
13
14 take care, have fun
15 /christian
18 gentoo-portage-dev@g.o mailing list