From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: wking@×××××××.us
Cc: gentoo-portage-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-portage-dev] Signing off patches
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:23:40
1 On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:18:39 -0800
2 "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
3
4 > I'm all for recording suggested conventions in DEVELOPING, but I don't
5 > think it's worth the trouble to over-specify the conditions under
6 > which each tag should be used, or to lay out consequences for cases
7 > where they're forgotten. The faith part is trusting devs to
8 > understand and apply the written suggestions, not in determining what
9 > the suggestions are.
10
11 Which brings me back to my very first words of this sub thread:
12
13 Either someone cares about the background of a patch or he/she doesn't.
16 With kind regards,
17
18 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
19 Gentoo Developer
20
21 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
22 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
23 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D