List Archive: gentoo-portage-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 02:26:41PM +0900, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 08:14, Brian Harring wrote:
> > Might be worth noting that as of my last sync, .53* and friends are
> > *still* ~arch.
> Yep, waiting on approval from the arch teams before going stable. I'll be
> posting a notification here when it happens as well. While waiting on the
> arch teams has extended the ~arch time of .53_preX, they've also exposed
> regressions that wouldn't have been picked up otherwise. Other than
> documentation concerns, they seem happy with .53 as it stands and I really
> don't want to jeopardize (that's a weird lookin' word) that.
> How's this for a compromise? Release the current 2.0.53 into stable so that
> 220.127.116.11-r3 can be dropped out of the picture altogether. Then release a
> 18.104.22.168 into ~arch with the lib handling fix so that we can get some
> guaranteed testing time of the patch. In a table:
> 2.0.53 arch
> 2.0.53_p1 ~arch
> 2.0.54_pre1 package.mask
> After a couple of weeks, move 2.0.53_p1 to stable and drop 2.0.53.
No major complaints on general idea, dependant on timeframe (outside
of our control).
*cough* that's that funky _p1 you're using there? :)