From: John Steele Scott <toojays@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] successful emerges on ppc
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:46:07

Hi All,

After finally getting a new hard drive for my PB Wallstreet, I have begun
getting my system back up to scratch Gentoo-wise. Along the way I've
installed the following ebuilds which were either marked ~ppc or had no ppc
flag at all:

Miscellaneous:
cups-1.1.20
mutt-1.5.6 (configure failed for me with mutt-1.5.4)
lyx-1.3.4 (the 1.2.x version in stable is very out of date, uses the old
xforms gui instead of Qt)
octave-2.1.50

Vorbis Related:
libogg-1.1
libvorbis-1.0.1-r2
vorbis-tools-1.0.1
(I installed all these because this version of vorbis-tools has support for
FLAC files, but I did have a problem with FLAC not being compiled with -fPIC,
see bug #42732)

Emacs Related:
app-emacs/python-mode-4.6
app-emacs/gnuserv-3.12.5

Gnucash Related:
g-wrap-1.3.4
guile-1.6.4-r1 (but see bug #27716 for a patch to allow compilation with -O3)
gnucash-1.8.8 (the stable 1.6.x version is very old now)

WindowMaker Related:
wmix-3.0-r1
wmCalClock-1.25-r1

cheers,