From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] bootstrapped my iBook with our future toolchain
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 01:20:14
Hi team,

as I have a new harddisk now, I needed to bootstrap my
iBook.  For this session I chose our future toolchain with

* sys-devel/binutils-2.15.90.0.3-r3
* sys-libs/glibc-2.3.4.20040619-r1 (though we want to test
  the 20040808)
* sys-devel/gcc-3.4.1-r2

Furthermore I used the sys-kernel/linux26-headers-2.6.7-r4
so that I could set nptl in the use-flags.  udev is also a
testing candidate.

Quite all went well beside kbd and powermac-tools.  kbd
compiled only with linux26-headers-2.6.8.1 and
powermac-tools only with the 2.6.7-version.  Later on I
investigated that only the current ~ppc mac-fdisk compiles
with linux26-headers.

Then I found a little problem in the kernel-config.  As long
as you don't have BLK_DEV_IDEDMA, IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO and
BLK_DEV_ADMA set, you can't compile pmac.c.  The problem is,
that the first three options are not a dependency to the
separated PMAC-(uninorth-)options.

I hope that these information could help our
basesystem- and kernel-guys ;-)

Regards, Lars