From: DaRonin <daronin@××××.COM>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] portage and binary packages
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:53:02
1 I tried the davfs2 as well. Even though it seems like a good idea, I
2 don't think it's ready for mainstream yet.
3
4 The directory browsing is very slow, so is the file coping.
5
6 And when I ran it with emerge -k, it swaped about 50Mb when trying to
7 decompress a 4Mb file, and was still working on it after an hour.
8
9 Refresh seems to be buggy as well. And it doesn't follow symlinks...
10
11 I think I will just stick to smb over ssh solution for now.
12
13 Thanks,
14
15 daRonin