From: Andrew Murray <uwmurray@××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] Gnome Woes
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:09:45
All,

I finally got X configured to work on my PowerBook, but I'm having the
oddest problems with gnome. If I start X, and then run 'gnome-session'
from an xterm, the gnome splash screen comes up, disappears when I
click, and then nothing. The gnome process doesn't die. Also, the
following line is printed to the console:
SESSION_MANAGER=local/grunwald:/tmp/.ICE-unix/29190

I thought that perhaps it was a compilation problem, but I rebuild using
emerge --emptytree gnome and still no go. Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks,

Andrew Murray