From: Kain <kain@××××.org>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] new .ISO / build
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 12:59:20
On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 01:05:05PM -0500, Fuper wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 01:14, Kain wrote: > > Sorry for the delays; I have a new ISO/Buildimage up on gentooppc.sunsite.dk > > Would all you kind people test it out? > Are other people seeing this? Or do I somehow have a bad ramdisk image? > I got the initrd.img from the 2002-04-22 iso. > > Could this be a weird artifact of problems with BootX? I'm using BootX > and setting the ramdisk size to 24000k.
Due to a change in bootscripts I missed, you will probably NEED to tell BootX to tell the kernel to mount root (as in the ramdisk) read/write. You should be able to do this simply by adding a 'rw' to the kernel's commandline. -- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. --unknown ** Linux Zealot Bryon Roche, Kain <kain@××××.org>