From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] make.default use-flags in profile
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:22:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I recently installed another ppc-machine with stage3 and
4 found out, that many packages will be reinstalled with
5 --newuse. Reason: Not all USE-flags we use for building a
6 release are in the profiles. So my suggestion is to change
7 the profiles:
8
9 Currently we have:
10 USE="unicode pam bitmap-fonts dvd gif jpeg mp3 nls png ppc xv truetype
11 truetype-fonts type1-fonts fortran xprint opengl emboss"
12
13 I would like to change it into:
14 USE="alsa bitmap-fonts crypt cups emboss fortran gif gnome gpm gtk gtk2
15 ipv6 jpeg kde libwww mp3 motif mpeg ncurses nls oggvorbis opengl pam
16 pdflib perl png ppc python qt readline spell ssl truetype truetype-fonts
17 type1-fonts X xprint xml2 xv unicode zlib"
18
19 Please tell me, if you have problems with one of the
20 USE-flags above. Also notice that we would make X default
21 on ppc-systems. As the majority use a ppc as a
22 desktop-system that should not hurt.
23
24 If I don't hear any reply, I'll implement it on Sunday.
25
26 Another thing for the future: I'm about to create
27 sub-profiles for Pegasos, OldWorld and IBM, as some virtuals
28 (like the bootloader) are different.
29
30 Regards, Lars
35 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list