From: Jay Davis <Jay@×××××××.Com>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-security@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-newbies@g.o, gentoo-desktop@g.o, gentoo-doc@g.o, gentooppc-dev@g.o, gentooppc-user@g.o, gentoo-announce@g.o
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:28:01
Ok, I got fed up with the mailing list search engine being so slow.  Htdig
doesn't cut it when you're near 25K files.  I installed a new search engine
and now searches take about .25s instead of nearly 10 seconds.  Enjoy.

Later tonight during the scheduled reindex, the search engine will allow you
to search EVERY gentoo related mailing list, with the exception of gentoo-cvs
and gentoo-user-es.  I can add those two as well if anyone would like (and
please reply via email or onto gentoo-user, because this account isn't
subscribed to the rest of the lists).

The search engine is at:

http://fireserver.ath.cx/

Thanks!