From: Graham Forest <vladimir@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] New Dual G4 1.24Ghz
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:29:08
1 On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:37:49 -0500 (EST)
2 DaRonin <daronin@××××.COM> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > Got a new Dual G4 1.24Ghz here. The blasted thing won't boot any of the
7 > Gentoo ISO images. Be it release or experimental ones. Tried to burn them
8 > on DVD as well, no luck.
9 --clip--
10
11 I had a user come into #gentoo-ppc a week or two ago with one of the new AlBooks with the same thing. Apparently with the fact that they can no longer boot < OS X doesn't like yaboot. Although he couldn't get Linux up and running, as the ethernet driver wasn't working, and the user didn't have the Linux experience needed for such a hack anyways, he did manage to get the thing booted off the CD by specifying a custom boot file in OF. I suggest you mess with this, as there may be some cheap-hack way to get Linux installed, and it's not like you ever have to reboot or anything :) . Also, maybe a netboot?