From: mutex@×××××××.org
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] latest GLIBC borks things beyond belief
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 05:03:35
1 so, I have been on irc today complaining about how the latest glibc has borked my entire system, but I figure maybe people will have more ideas if I post to the mailing list...
2 at any rate!
3 after an emerge sync today, i emerged
4 binutils-2.13.90.0.16 and unmerged binutils-2.14.90.0.1-r1
5 (this must be a portage bug)
6 and emerged
7 glibc-2.3.1-r2 and unmerged glibc-2.3.2-r1
8 and now my system is totally borked, not a single program seems to be able to use /lib/libpthread.so.0, and that is the only problem I have been able to really diagnose, but it looks like execvp is failing.
9 so.. any ideas would be helpful, am I a freak accident or did I find a bug in portage ?
10 Dave