From: Magnus Damm <damm@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] xfree-4.2.1-r2, r128 and xv
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:03:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using gentoo on a G4 Cube. Most things are working fine now except
4 that the xv support seems broken. And that's a shame, because I want to
5 watch DVD:s + divx and use emulators without chopping video.
6
7 The symptom is that mplayer plays smooth, but only the half left part of
8 the movie is showing, stretched (2x width) to fit the window.
9
10 These driver options are used in XF86Config:
11
12 Section "Device"
13 Identifier "Card0"
14 Driver "r128"
15 Option "UseFBDev"
16 Option "ForcePCIMode"
17 Option "Display" "CRT"
18 EndSection
19
20 I use 1600x1200 in 16bpp and I've only been able to change to 1280x1024 because
21 of my crappy Apple monitor. Resolution doesn't seem to matter.
22 Bits per pixel, well I don't know. I have not been able to start X in 32bpp.
23 And yes, I use aty128fb as framebuffer, ppc-sources-2.4.19-r6.
24
25 I saw there were some r128-related patches applied to xfree-4.2.1-r2.
26 I looked through them but they don't seem to change any xv-code.
27
28 Does someone use xfree-4.2.1-r2 with r128 on a powerpc system?
29 Is xv ok for you? What resolutions / bits per pixel?
30
31 thanks for your help.
32
33 / magnus