From: Dean Takemori <deant@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Gentoo on OldWorld
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:13:41
1 Following up on my thread from earlier this year.
2
3 I have a 2.4.24 that boots an OldWorld (Wallstreet) powerbook and seems
4 to work
5 just fine as I've started to bootstrap up towards KDE.
6
7 I've taken that kernel and I've tried to build a working ISO for
8 installing gentoo 1.4
9 on OldWorld Macs that don't have IDE. The problem I've run into is
10 that building
11 the ISO fails due to the script (from
12 http://www.metadistribution.org/gentoo/)
13 trying to build a 2.6.x kernel.
14
15 How do I convince the scripts to use the 2.4.24 kernel instead?
16
17 I'm fairly versed in Linux/PPC, but am a Gentoo newbie.
18
19 -dean takemori
23 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list