From: IsoH <jd@××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] G5 & missing performance
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:58:52
1 On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, IsoH wrote:
4 > > I still suspect that boot-command value differs anything;
5 > > perhaps if boot is done from OF console with command
6 > > "boot"/"mac-boot" then machine is set to lower speed.
7 > > On the other hand, if boot is done by cold-booting and not
8 > > interfering boot sequence in any way then machine's processing
9 > > speed should be ok I think. Have to check that...
12 > Yes, so it seems to be that it doesn't matter if
13 > "boot-command" is "boot" or "mac-boot" bzipping-test's
14 > speed is same in both ways...
15
16 Yes (part 2/2), I double checked that and it is so that
17 when booting is done by simply typing "boot" on OF-console
18 then machine is set some power saving (or whatever) mode...
30 IsoH
35 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list