From: IsoH <jd@××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o, gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] G5 & missing performance
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:52:47
1 On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Tom Gall wrote:
2
3 > IsoH wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Pieter Van den Abeele wrote:
9 > Greetings,
10 > While I won't say this is your particular situation but for instance if
11 > you boot up into OF and then say specify boot into yaboot, you'll
12 > actually run at 1/2 speed. This is a "fee-chur". Effectively the box
13 > powers up, decides that no one is programming the fans correctly and
14 > takes measures.
15 >
16 > It's specific to apple hardware and no other ppc64 box does that.
17 > Anyway, normal boots from ybin -> yaboot -> linux should be fine.
20 Ah, I see; same behaviour that I found out myself too ...
24 > If not, certainly I and benh would be very very interested!
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 >
28 > Tom