From: Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] new .ISO / build
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:26:15
On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 01:14, Kain wrote:
> Sorry for the delays; I have a new ISO/Buildimage up on gentooppc.sunsite.dk.. Would all you kind people test it out? > >
Thanks --- I was about to put Linux on an old Powermac 7600 and may try the gentooppc build since I'm using gentoo on my P3 system. I immediately encounter a question: What is the format of initrd.img? Is that a raw image? BootX docs claim that the ramdisk image for BootX MUST be named "ramdisk.image.gz". I suspect that BootX will always attempt to ungzip the image. (I tried booting via BootX and selected the initrd.img as the ramdisk image but the kernel aborts with a kernel panic because no init is found). BootX is the only way to boot a Linux kernel on my Old World 7600. Since I'm an Apple sales rep I may use some slack hours testing the installer on new Macs too.