From: Kain <kain@××××.org>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] ld.so and other packages seem to be defect...
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:16:50
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:23:34PM +0200, Olivier Reisch wrote:
> Mark Guertin and I noticed that doing an ldconfig returns a couple of library > errors: > > ibook ld.so # ldconfig > ldconfig: /lib/ld-linux.so.1.9.11 is not a shared object file (Type: 768). > ldconfig: /lib/libdl.so.1.9.11 is not a shared object file (Type: 768). > [ old X86 linux-libs stuff skipped ]
That would be because ld.so is a *compatibility* package for really old (i.e. libc5) software. The ld.so that we grabbed from gentoo-x86 is an x86 binary distro of these libs basically. (they really are a big pain in the ass to rebuild). If someone has a really old netscape (or something) binary they want to run, feel free to make PPC versions of these packages.. otherwise, these should be masked back out like they originally were. Is there even software this old for PPCLinux? -- You're young, you're crazy, you're in bed, and you've got knives, so shit happens. -- Angelina Jolie ** Scion of the Dark Bryon Roche, Kain <kain@××××.org>