From: Dean Takemori <deant@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Wallstreet XF86Config
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:35:20
On Jan 19, 2004, at 8:51 AM, Armando Di Cianno wrote:

> the "xautoconfig" package in portage is both gentoo and ppc specific > > if you don't have luck with it, compare the XF86Config file it creates > to one you find on the web ... it's pretty much just a collection for > X on ppc known working settings, AFAIK. > > x86, ppc, or otherwise, you're going to have to enter information for > the mouse, frequencies, etc ... be it from an interactive config file > builder, or from an example config file you find on the web
Ok then, I'll bite ... Is my Wallstreet trackpad a "BusMouse?" or a "IMPS/2?" (That's what Xautoconfig4 asks) On the other hand, xf86config gives me a choice of a dozen types of PS/2 mice or "Auto," then asks me where my mouse device is (I _know_ it's not a serial mouse, so is it /dev/adb?) Where did I go wrong? -dean takemori -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list