From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] dev-java/blackdown-jre build broken
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 15:29:15
Fixed now (I think).
BTW, it's hard to use a binary installer inside portage - it's not set
up for interactivity.  I figured out that tailing off the installer
script at the start leaves the tbz2 intact, which has the added
advantage of letting us use the rest of the x86 ebuild without changes.
 I don't know why Blackdown doesn't distribute a tbz2 for ppc, but since
they do so for x86, I think this is a fair hack (licence is still in the
tbz2).  The QT ebuilds deal with interactivity by just sed-ing the
script to include the required answers, which is what I started trying
to do; but then this seemed a lot easier.

David