From: Carsten Milling <cmil@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] app-text/jing and app-text/trang
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 02:32:16
I have successfully emerged the following packages:

  app-text/jing-20030619
  app-text/trang-20030619

>From my perspective these could even be marked stable for ppc since I
have run the jar files from these distributions for quite some time without any problems. I'm using dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.1-r2. There is however one minor issue with the ebuilds: both rdepend on dev-java/saxon and dev-java/xerces. This is not stricly necessary since the jing and trang distributions are pretty much self contained (jing provides the respective jars while trang doesn't really need them) at least under java 1.4 (which is also recommended by the author). I'd prefer to make the ebuilds depend on virtual/jdk-1.4 and get rid of the other dependencies, especially since the ibm-jdk is the only one usable on ppc. Best regards, Carsten Milling -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list