From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] problem with emerge system (lsof) in new portage
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 21:44:56
I guess this needs a fix if we're to follow the standard gentoo install
procedure.  Meanwhile you can get around this (I think) by emerging
sys-kernel/ppc-sources first, before your system.  This will take a
while, since it will pull in perl as a dependency.  Or you could edit
/usr/portage/profile/default-ppc/packages and remove the * in front of
sys-apps/lsof.  After you have your system (minus lsof) and ppc-sources,
put it back in and emerge lsof.

**Note to Pieter & Kain: a quick grep of portage reveals no packages
depending on lsof - can we just remove it from our base system?  Is this
a problem with the install iso or with portage?

David