From: David Chamberlain <daybird@g.o>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] problem with emerge system (lsof) in new portage
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 21:44:56
1 I guess this needs a fix if we're to follow the standard gentoo install
2 procedure. Meanwhile you can get around this (I think) by emerging
3 sys-kernel/ppc-sources first, before your system. This will take a
4 while, since it will pull in perl as a dependency. Or you could edit
5 /usr/portage/profile/default-ppc/packages and remove the * in front of
6 sys-apps/lsof. After you have your system (minus lsof) and ppc-sources,
7 put it back in and emerge lsof.
8
9 **Note to Pieter & Kain: a quick grep of portage reveals no packages
10 depending on lsof - can we just remove it from our base system? Is this
11 a problem with the install iso or with portage?
12
13 David
16 Mark Guertin wrote:
17
18 > Hi All
19 >
20 > Building abrand new system today, just finished rsyncing the new
21 > portage from cvs.gentoo.org, and it seems that when I emerge system
22 > that sys-apps/losf-4.60-r1 is complaining about
23 > virtual/linux-sources. I will investigate further.
24 >
25 > Mark