From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] PS3 and crossdev
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:49:08
1 Jason wrote:
2 > Been beating my head against a wall for a day or so now. I'm trying to
3 > get ppu/spu crosscompilers on my boxes so that I can use distcc on the
4 > PS3...
5 >
6 > I pulled the toolchains overlay with layman, and I've tried 4 different
7 > versions of gcc-4.3.0, all of which fail to emerge. I know some folks
8 > have it running, which (exact) version did you use?
9
10 the problem is because crossdev can't mix and match overlays...
11
12 you should delete completely sys-devel/binutils from the toolchain overlay
13
14 and instruct crossdev to use the latest gcc (from toolchain) and the
15 latest binutils (from standard portage).
16
17 doing this will result in a working toolchain (at least it worked for me
18 few days ago)
19
20 lu
24 Luca Barbato