From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree-4.2.99.4 ebuild
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:02:51
1 On February 5, 2003 03:50 pm, Stephan van Maris wrote:
2 > apparently setting the driver to 'ati' with 'Option "UseFBDev"' (as
3 > suggested by XeasyConf), 4.2.99.4 works... still without recompiling QT
4 > and/or kdelibs.
7 I'm not sure of the exact combination for the recompiles (hence we said "may"
8 have to recompile).
9
10 I think it's more an xft/fontconfig/truetyp update (which are all required for
11 latest xfree). If you already had them that may be why.. for me I had to
12 upgrade all of those to install xfree, and had to also re-emerge my kdelibs
13 and qt (as have others even on non ppc paltfroms)
14
15 Gerk
18 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list