From: Magnus Damm <damm@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] follow up: xfree-4.2.1-r2, r128 and xv
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:32:14
1 Hi all,
2
3 I wrote to this list earlier with my r128 + xv problem.
4 The problem is now solved.
5
6 The problem was that the xv overlay was stretched to
7 only showing the left half part of the movie when
8 using mplayer.
9
10 This guy had the same problem:
11 http://www.spinics.net/lists/xf-xpert/msg06416.html
12
13 I mailed him and he said that switching to the drivers
14 from gatos solved it.
15
16 Allrighty, no source snapshots for 4.2.1, no binaries.
17 I was not able to export any code from cvs that matched
18 xfree-4.2.1 either. sigh. cvs tag anyone?
19 I did try to compile from cvs HEAD once by removing all
20 bad code but that lead to a driver that didn't work at all.
21
22 So, no luck with gatos.
23
24 I tried to use the vidix drivers with mplayer and
25 they had the same problem.
26
27 Then I compared the driver code in Xfree(4.2.1/4.2.99)
28 with the gatos code - bingo!
29 They don't care about the ecp divider in xfree.
30
31 This divider is only used when high dotclocks are used.
32
33 So I made a patch to mplayer/vidix that solves the problem.
34 And now I also switched monitor and today I use a mode with
35 a lower dotclock so the problem is really away (for me, anyhow).
36
37 The patch to mplayer is attached. I have tried to post
38 it to the mplayer devel list but I must subscribe before I
39 can post. sigh again.
40
41 / magnus

MPlayer-0.90rc4-vidix_rage128_ecp_div.patch application/octet-stream