From: Pieter Van den Abeele <pvdabeel@g.o>
To: David Chamberlain <david@×××××××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] ghostscript
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 05:25:20
I had indeed some clock problems, but I thought I solved them before
emerging ghostscript. I discovered the clock problem while compiling a
kernel. (make complained about things compiled in the future)
I did find a solution to the ghostscript problem. I had to patch the
genarch.c file: there is a bit of code used to determine the cache size
inside that file. I commented out a single line of that code, (the
second while loop from the top) and ghostscript compiled perfectly.
People that were able to emerge ghostscript without patching the code,
would probably have had another cache architecture than I do on my
G4/550 powerbook, but I can't tell for sure. I wouldn't recommend my
patch to anyone, because I'm not sure what consequences it has (we'll
see later)

Have not experienced problems since, running KDE3, gnome2 on ppc very
smoothly now :-) I'm experimenting with gcc3 now (needed for openoffice)

Pieter