From: Stephan van Maris <svmaris@×××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] xfree-4.2.99.4 ebuild
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:39:55
1 I emerged 4.2.99.4 on my revIII Powerbook (Radeon 7500) and X refused to start
2 (sig11 error in /var/log/Xfree86.0.log).. I'm currently running KDE (3.1-rc6
3 from konstruct) and I didn't recompile it.
4
5 When I switched to 'fbdev' instead of 'ati', X started again and the all fonts
6 look fine to me, no different than before the upgrade.
7
8 Just wanted to tell you that I did not need to recompile QT and kdelibs.
9
10 I don't think the (broken) ati driver has anything to do with font rendering
11 in QT/KDE, right?
12
13 > Ok, we set it all back to ~ppc. The whole pack works if you batch emerge it
14 > with xfree 4.2.99.4 plus deps. However, if you use KDE, you still have to
15 > reemerge QT and kdelibs to have working fonts again. No idea how well
16 > mozilla will work when emerging the whole set. No idea for Gnome/gtk
17 > either.
20 gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list