From: John Steele Scott <toojays@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] successful ebuilds
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:42:49
On my x86 I normally stick with stable, but on my powerbook I've had to put in
some ~ppc packages to fix minor issues. So here's some more reports of "works
for me", on a Powerbook G3 Series (Wallstreet), CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -mcpu=750".

dev-perl/Finance-Quote-1.08
media-libs/taglib-1.0    <-- replaces 1.0_beta2 we have in ppc, has bugfixes
sys-apps/pbbuttons-0.5.9
media-sound/alsa-driver-1.0.3

Previously I was using alsa-driver-0.9.8, but I found that if a program was
using the sound driver when I put the computer to sleep, it would crash into
xmon when I woke it up. With the new alsa-driver, I can play music across a
sleep with no problems. I was using kernel 2.4.24-ppc-r2 in both instances.

cheers,

John