From: Mark Guertin <gerk@g.o>
To: Kain <kain@××××.org>, gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] default /etc/syctl.conf and keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:23:57
1 On Wednesday 24 July 2002 15:49, Kain wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:34:56AM -0700, Kevyn Shortell wrote:
3 > > That or tell people to stop compiling in "CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES"
4 > >
5 > > Personally, I'm for the stop compiling in support for something your box
6 > > doesn't have =)
7 >
8 > I would have to agree with Mr. Trance on this one. Gentoo-ppc standard
9 > kernels don't use CONFIG_MAC_ADBKEYCODES, and unless you have a REALLY old
10 > kbdutils/consoletools, I can't think of a reason to use this feature any
11 > longer.
12
13 I can see both points though, if we had this I could include something in
14 Xeasyconf (if I ever find the time to sit down with it and write some things
15 again) to ask for keycodes for mouse button emulation, and could (optionally)
16 also set the linux keycodes for the keyboard at the same time.
17
18 I have seen several requests that met with approval on the x86 lists asking
19 the same sort of thing be used (/etc/sysctl.conf). I think it might be
20 something good to impliment, just how many users do you think will actually
21 pay attention to this detail even if we tell them ;)
22
23 Mark