From: Stefan Boresch <stefan@×××××××××××××.at>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] Ebuilds masked for ppc
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 07:00:26
1 Am in the process of setting up an ibook, which, considering that
2 this is my first attempt of using a ppc architecture works quite
3 nicely -- thanks to all the developers:
4
5 I compiled a number of packages which I use
6 regularly, and which were masked because ppc was not among the
7 supported architectures. The following packages at least
8 compile (gentoo 1.4beta) correctly; I believe that I checked in
9 all cases that they also start. I did not have the time yet to
10 work with them, but all of them are multiplatform packages,
11 so I would be very surprised if there are problems:
12
13 gnuplot
14 grace
15 pdflib
16 transfig
17 xfig
18 pmw
19 Numeric
20 glut
21 pymol
22
23 The pmw ebuild has a problem in so far as it requires python
24 to be compiled *after* tk was compiled; I don't think this
25 happens in emerge system, regardless whether one has USE="tcltk" or not.
26 [But this certainly isn't ppc specific]
27
28 On the other hand, hfsplusutils doesn't compile; this looks like
29 a gcc 3.2 issue to me ...
30
31 Stefan
34 Stefan Boresch
35 Institute for Theoretical Chemistry and Structural Molecular Biology
36 University of Vienna, Waehringerstr. 17 A-1090 Vienna, Austria
37 Phone: -43-1-427752715 Fax: -43-1-427752790