From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: Carsten Milling <cmil@×××××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] status of 2.6 kernel sources for ppc
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 00:43:10
Carsten Milling wrote:
> I was wondering what's the current status of the various kernel source > packages for ppc. The most recent (unstable ) version of > ppc-development-sources is 2.6.5_rc2-r1 while gentoo-dev-sources has > 2.6.5-r1 marked stable for ppc and development-sources even has stable > 2.6.6_rc1.
Then benh tree is outdated because he now commits directly to the mainline, the ppc-development-sources originally was just the 2.6 benh tree + minor patches (gcloop)
> > So, which is the best package to stay up-to-date with the 2.6 kernel > series? What's the difference between ppc-development-sources and > gentoo-dev-sources?
gentoo-dev-sources is mainline+many useful patches. ppc-development-sources is benh tree+minor things (gcloop)
> > I checked the Gentoo Linux Kernel Guide at > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-kernel.xml but it seems a little > outdated. Is there any other documentation of the kernel choices > available for ppc?
Not sure, anyway I suggest you to use the development-sources or the gentoo-dev-sources.
lu -- Luca Barbato Developer Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~lu_zero -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list