From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
Cc: Ethan <lists@×××××××××.org>, gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentooppc-dev] gcc atexit() issue
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 14:06:26
1 On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:34, Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 08:56, Ethan wrote:
3 > > Sorry if this has been posted before.
4 > > I've found that the gcc-2.95.3 used in the latest PPC build has the
5 > > atexit() problem with static executables (for example, when you build
6 > > fileutils-4.1 with LDFLAGS=-static all execuatbles dump a core).
7 > > If I remember correctly, patches here are required:
8 > >
9 > > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2001-03/msg00140.html
10 > >
11 > > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg01187.html
12 >
13 > Is this a new issue that you've experienced after upgrading? Or has
14 > this always been the case?
15 >
16 > Please give me more information on the specific problems you have and
17 > have not experienced. For example, I'm assuming you're having problems
18 > with gcc-2.95.3-r7? Did you have problems with any earlier revision of
19 > our gcc ebuilds?
22 This should have been an issue with all versions before -r7. If you
23 dont have -r7, upgrade, and then remerge glibc.
24
25 I have updated the Changelog, and the ebuild as well with the correct
26 bugzilla #'s, and the Changelog now also contain the URL's to the
27 patches. Our gcc was patched with the first version of the atexit()
28 patch, which if I recall stopped working for glibc-2.2.4.
33 Martin Schlemmer
34 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Developer
35 Cape Town, South Africa