From: Ben Waltmann <benwaltmann@×××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] Test Xautoconfig
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 09:41:51
Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> illum scripsit:
> Hi there, > > I would like to encourage you to test Xautoconfig > (x11-misc/Xautoconfig-0.22-r2). Our goal is to > autoconfigure the x.org-config-file, so that we can create > LiveDVDs with X starting automatically.
Nice idea. Could be very helpful for newcomers.
> > Xautoconfig should generate a config file with at least > a resolution of 1024x768 and us-keyboard; no > hardware-acceleration enabled.
Why only us-keyboard? E.g. with the german keyboard layout I have that is almost unusable. A command line option would be nice, wouldn't it?
> > I tested it on my iBook/G3-600 with a rage128 and the > PegasosPPC. Could you respond with your tested hardware?
I have tested it on my ibook G4 1Ghz(radeon), and it is running at the moment.
> Especially when you have problems?
All the graphics related things work well (why is dri commented?), I have only some trouble with the keyboard settings. First, my "self made" AltGr-emulation and switching beetween the ttys did not work. I commented out the the "macintosh" option and that helped. For some special keys adding the line Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys" is also necessary. While writing this mail I noticed there are still some keys who don't work. Bye Ben -- ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~hacker" emerge -p girlfriend >> dreams 2> /dev/null vim -c 'pe VIM::Msg("There is no place like $ENV{'HOME'}");' -- gentoo-ppc-dev@g.o mailing list