From: Ernst Persson <ernstp@×××.com>
To: gentooppc-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-dev] sound and kde
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:51:18
1 First I would just like to say that kdebas'e-3.1-beta and
2 kdegraphics-3.1-beta compile just fine on PPC, kdemultimedia-3.1-beta
3 does not...
4
5 Second, I have a really wierd sound problem. First I tried with alsa,
6 and everytime i tried to load the snd-powermac module my computer
7 crashed, really hard, no panic, just dead...
8 That is with ebuild alsa-driver-0.9.0-rc2 and the alsa-driver-0.9.0-rc3
9 from www.alsa-project.org and cvs-export-2002-08-28.
10
11 But, I can't get any sound output with dmasound either! Not when it's
12 compiled as a module, and not when it's compiled into the kernel.
13 dmasound has allways worked on all the different linux distributions I
14 tried... KMix finds the mixer but, no sound...
15
16 Mabye it's a problem with the soundcore in the ppc-sources?
17
18 Btw, I have an iMac 266 and I'm currently using XFS for my filesystems...
19
20 //ernie