From: Carsten Milling <cmil@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-ppc-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-dev] status of 2.6 kernel sources for ppc
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 23:18:11
1 I was wondering what's the current status of the various kernel source
2 packages for ppc. The most recent (unstable ) version of
3 ppc-development-sources is 2.6.5_rc2-r1 while gentoo-dev-sources has
4 2.6.5-r1 marked stable for ppc and development-sources even has stable
5 2.6.6_rc1.
6
7 So, which is the best package to stay up-to-date with the 2.6 kernel
8 series? What's the difference between ppc-development-sources and
9 gentoo-dev-sources?
10
11 I checked the Gentoo Linux Kernel Guide at
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-kernel.xml but it seems a little
13 outdated. Is there any other documentation of the kernel choices
14 available for ppc?
15
16 Regards,
17 Carsten Milling