List Archive: gentoo-ppc-dev
Note: Due to technical difficulties, the Archives are currently not up to date.
provides an alternative service for most mailing lists.c.f. bug 424647
How to rescue portage on ppc:
Learned by experience:
1. Don't mess with portage-rescue in the portage tree
2. Get the new build tarball from sunsite
3. Unpack it in an empty directory
4. cp -Rd usr/lib/portage and usr/lib/python* from this to your filesystem
5. Disable sandboxing if necessary
6. Emerge portage
Note: emerging portage should pull in python-fchksum and python first.
If emerge --pretend doesn't list them, emerge manually first.
Now I wonder what broke it all in the first place...