From: Eric Pretorious <eric@××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo Linux <gentoo-ppc-user@g.o>
Cc: Phil Cryer <phil@×××××.us>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Where's startx?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:48:30
1 On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Phil Cryer wrote:
2
3 > > I emerge'd xeasyconf last night and ran Xeasyconf but there's no startx.
4 > > What happened?
5 >
6 > Not sure where startx is, but you can always launch X via:
7 >
8 > # /etc/X11/X
9 >
10 > Perhaps you're trying to run it with a user that doesn't have
11 > permissions to run it?
12
13 After configuration, Xeasyconf says that X can be started using startx but
14 startx isn't in root's path.
15
16 When I execute /etc/X11/X I only get a black screen with the X-cursor.
17
18 How do I kill X *without* having a backspace key?
21 Eric P.
22 Sunnyvale, CA
26 gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list