From: ArchAngel_Nix <nix@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] I can't bootstrap
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 21:33:26
1 I am hoping someone can make some sense of this. I am installing Gentoo
2 2004.2 (Universal Install LiveCD) on my PowerMac G4 (AGP). I have been
3 following the Gentoo Handbook. I have chosen stage 1 and getting stuck
4 on bootstraping. I downloaded all the soucres, but when I run
5 scripts/bootstrap.sh I get this dump below: (I ran scripts/bootstrap.sh
6 -f previous without error)
7
8 >>> Source unpacked.
9 Could not run/locate "gcc"
10 ./create-localdecls
11 Checking truncate argument type... off_t
12 Checking libc version... Could not run/locate "gcc"
13 ldd: ./libctest: No such file or directory
14
15 rm: cannot remove `libctest': No such file or directory
16
17 gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPIC -fPIC -D_REENTRANT -Wall -c libsandbox.c
18 Could not run/locate "gcc"
19 make: *** [libsandbox.o] Error 1
20
21 !!! ERROR: sys-apps/portage-2.0.50-r10 failed.
22 !!! Function src_compile, Line 71, Exitcode 2
23 !!! (no error message)
24
25 What do I need to do to get his machine on it's feet? This is the 4
26 time I have tried to install Gentoo and has failed. (I have tried
27 stages 1, 2, & 3 with no success)
28
29 Thanks for the help.