From: David Holm <dholm@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] PC graphics card in a mac?
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:44:02
1 On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 21:12:21 +0100
2 Rasmus Wiman <rasmus@×××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > Hi All.
5 >
6 > I'm thinking of putting some cheapo PC gfx card in my Mac, an old 7600
7 > w/G3 card. I guess that wouldn't work in MacOS, but how about Linux?
8 > Will Linux recognize the card and be able to use it or will I have to
9 > spend a fortune on something like a Radeon 7000 Mac Edition to make
10 > graphics less painfully slow on the machine?
11
12 Hi,
13 I have a standard Radeon 9200 in my Pegasos 2. I don't know if it would work or not on a Mac
14 though, but at least the problem would not be ppc-related.
15
16 //David Holm