From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:31:31
> Thanks. I did that and the kernel compiled without trouble, but, at > boot, I still get the error "cannot open root device". However, there is > a difference: whereas the message said "unknown-block(0,0)", it now > says "unknown-block(3,15)". So it would seem that the device numbers > have changed.
You're probably using an Apple partitioning scheme. In order to read from Apple partitions, you'll need to have support for that in your kernel. Turn on: CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED and CONFIG_MAC_PARTITION. In the future, to make kernel configuration more simple, you should do a "make defconfig" before configuration. This ensures that you have sane defaults set. Good luck! -Joe -- gentoo-ppc-user@g.o mailing list