From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:31:31
1 > Thanks. I did that and the kernel compiled without trouble, but, at
2 > boot, I still get the error "cannot open root device". However, there is
3 > a difference: whereas the message said "unknown-block(0,0)", it now
4 > says "unknown-block(3,15)". So it would seem that the device numbers
5 > have changed.
6
7 You're probably using an Apple partitioning scheme. In order to read
8 from Apple partitions, you'll need to have support for that in your
9 kernel. Turn on: CONFIG_PARTITION_ADVANCED and CONFIG_MAC_PARTITION.
10 In the future, to make kernel configuration more simple, you should do a
11 "make defconfig" before configuration. This ensures that you have sane
12 defaults set.
13
14 Good luck!
15 -Joe