From: Nicolas Lindgren <discoflamingo13@×××××.com>
To: gentooppc-user@g.o
Subject: [gentooppc-user] Problems with bootstrap script
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 02:52:49
This is probably me being stupid, so please bear with me, and thank you in advance.

I downloaded the April 22nd ISO, and went through the install as per the install guide. After the emerge --fetchonly baselayout gcc glibc binutils gettext  step, I tried the bootstrap script in /usr/portage/scripts. I get back an error that looks like this:

gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 4
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.2.5-r2/work/glibc-2.2.5/buildhere/elf/firstobj.os] Error 1

it complains about some recursive make errors, and then I get this:

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 20, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

I tried the bootstrap again, and I get the same thing. Any ideas?

See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp