From: Charles Trois <charles.trois@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Compile error on IDE Power Mac driver
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:45:24
Michael Hanselmann a écrit :
> > You should set CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI, see drivers/ide/ide-dma.c. >
Thanks. I did that and the kernel compiled without trouble, but, at boot, I still get the error "cannot open root device". However, there is a difference: whereas the message said "unknown-block(0,0)", it now says "unknown-block(3,15)". So it would seem that the device numbers have changed. The result is the same, whether config BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST is on or not. I take the liberty to attach a copy of my .config and yaboot.conf files for your inspection. Charles

config-2.6.12-gentoo-r6 text/plain
yaboot.conf text/plain