From: Terin Stock <terinstock@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo ppc - still supported?
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 06:04:45
1 If it's just going to be sitting in a closet collecting Apple-dust, then I'd
2 say yes, it's certainly worth the extra effort.
3
4 :P
7 #Terin Stock
11 On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
12
13 > On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o> wrote:
14 > > On 08/25/10 20:31, Mark Knecht wrote:
15 > >> I was going to download a new iso today. My old PowerPC Mac Mini needs
16 > >> to be rebuilt and it's so far out of date I figured I'd just do it
17 > >> from scratch. Anyway, it seems that all the other architectures have
18 > >> fairly recent iso image dates while the PowerPC seems to be a year
19 > >> old.
20 > >>
21 > >> http://mirrors.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/ppc/autobuilds/current-iso/
22 > >>
23 > >> Or maybe this is just a date problem on the files or something.
24 > >>
25 > >> - Mark
26 > >>
27 > >>
28 > > No, it's my fault. I've been meaning to fix the autobuilds for PowerPC,
29 > > but I completely forgot that they were broken. I'll look into it this
30 > > weekend.
31 > >
32 > > The hardware hasn't really changed much though, it should be fine to
33 > > boot with the latest CD there and use the current stage to install. The
34 > > stages themselves should be up to date.
35 > >
36 > > -Joe
37 >
38 > Hi Joe,
39 > Thanks very much for the answer. In my case it looks like I'm sorry
40 > I woke you up. I tried the most recent 2009 CD as well as the 2007 CD
41 > I built the machine with the first time. Looks like this Mac Mini has
42 > gone down hard - bad disk at least, possibly bad memory. I'm not sure
43 > it's worth my effort to fix it as it's so very slow.
44 >
45 > Anyway, I appreciate the answer and wish you all the best. Thanks
46 > for your efforts.
47 >
48 > Cheers,
49 > Mark