From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] yaboot has kicked my butt - 5 times?!
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:40:31
On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> >> Also, which version of udev are you using? I forgot to ask if you're >> running ~ppc instead of ppc, you may want to try switching to the >> PATA_MACIO driver in order for the system to work properly. > > udev would be whatever comes with a stable ppc system these days. >
No change at all using the kernel created by 'make pmac32_defconfig'. Fails at the same place. udev is version 151-r4. I haven't created any rules for it. It's all default Gentoo. While I'm sure I won't actually do it I feel very close to burying a ball-peen hammer right in the middle of this little box and being done with this mess... ;-) - Mark