From: Carl Hudkins <carl@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Missing keyword
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:30:47
1 On Sat August 6 2005 20:51, Lars Weiler wrote:
2
3 > > having trouble there. When I emerged gnome 2.10, it looks like I still
4 > > have some parts of 2.8 floating around. (Desktop > SETTINGS > Desktop
5 > > still brings up the old Control Center, and Theme Selector bring one up
6 > > that does nothing)
7 >
8 > I guess, your system isn't updated fully.
9
10 You can check the versions of all your Gnome stuff at once by running "qpkg
11 -I -v gnome". (In case you're reading this in Arial or something, that's a
12 capital Eye, not a lowercase Ell.) If you don't have qpkg yet, emerge
13 gentoolkit.
14
15 > That means, nobody of the ppc-crew has ever tested that
16 > ebuild and added a ppc-keyword to it. Currently it's x86.
17 > You can emerge it by adding the following line to your
18 > /etc/portage/package.keywords:
19 > games-emulation/pcsx2 x86
20
21 If it actually works (the package looks pretty Intel-specific to me) be sure
22 to post a bug or something letting the dev team know. :)
23
24 > Also take a look into
25 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?part=3&chap=3
26
27 Yep, that's a good section to read, especially if you want to do stuff like
28 install little pieces of KDE, or get the latest gnumeric but not break
29 everything else. package.keywords can prevent you from having to customize
30 an ebuild just to try installing something.
31
32 Good luck,
35 // Carl Hudkins :: Jabber yther@××××××××.info :: PGP 50238D9E
36 //