From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:51:39
Hi all,
   I need to actually learn a little Gentoo stuff. Thanks in advance.

   On my wife's machine there's an error message at boot time which says

/etc/init.d/apache2 missing

or something to that effect. Now I think I installed apache2 a long
time ago looking at some mythtv option but that's no longer used and
apache isn't on the system. However she gets this message at boot
time.

   Searching around I didn't see anything obvious about why this
happens. There's nothing sowing up with rc-update. However there is a
file

/etc/runlevels/default/apache2

which I suspect is involved. Is it? Is it left over from some earlier
ebuild that didn't remove it? Can I remove it by hand and fix things
or is there some better tool for keeping this part of the machine
happy and healthy?

Thanks,
Mark