From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-ppc-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-ppc-user] /etc/init.d/apache2 missing, and it should be
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 04:51:39
1 Hi all,
2 I need to actually learn a little Gentoo stuff. Thanks in advance.
3
4 On my wife's machine there's an error message at boot time which says
5
6 /etc/init.d/apache2 missing
7
8 or something to that effect. Now I think I installed apache2 a long
9 time ago looking at some mythtv option but that's no longer used and
10 apache isn't on the system. However she gets this message at boot
11 time.
12
13 Searching around I didn't see anything obvious about why this
14 happens. There's nothing sowing up with rc-update. However there is a
15 file
16
17 /etc/runlevels/default/apache2
18
19 which I suspect is involved. Is it? Is it left over from some earlier
20 ebuild that didn't remove it? Can I remove it by hand and fix things
21 or is there some better tool for keeping this part of the machine
22 happy and healthy?
23
24 Thanks,
25 Mark